Tuesday 13th March 2012 at 1.00pm
in Scott Sutherland building Lecture Theatre SA18
Swifty Scooters was founded by husband and wife team, Jason and Camilla Iftakhar who trained at the Royal College of Art – both graduating in 2005.
Product Designer and entrepreneur, Jason Iftakhar is the original creator of the folding scooter, SwiftyONE. He first showed an early prototype of the scooter at 100% Design London 2009, having built the working prototype by hand. Carving his career path in eco design, his passion for sustainable products and the great outdoors is the very foundation of Swifty Scooters.
Swifty Scooters’ aim is simply to produce the best, UK made, adult kick scooters in the world. Through the power of design and engineering Swifty Scooters demonstrates a 21st century relevance to urban mobility, answering the need to save time and have fun.
– SwiftyONE is a premium and contemporary folding kick scooter designed for adults.
– Handmade and designed in Manchester UK, is of premium quality, locally sourced and designed for life.
– The best and most beautiful in an emerging market of kick scooters used for urban mobility.
– Innovative folding mechanism, ultra slim when folded to fit against a wall or desk, can be rolled on its front wheel or carried onto a bus or train.
– It is surprisingly smooth and fast to ride due to 16inch pneumatic wheels so you don’t feel every bump on the road and weighs just 7.5kg.